Pages

Friday, January 14

PARFECTION!

I was in the habit of not eating before a run, but since reducing my total overall calories for the day I thought it would be wise to fuel before a run. Below is my 250 calorie pre-run fuel.

Ingredients
1/2 c Greek yogurt
(Fage is the best IMO)
1/4 c Bob's Red Mill granola
15 fresh pitted cherries.
This article calls cherries a "Super Fruit" for their inflammation and antioxidant property's. Here's a small exert; A recent study from the University of Michigan reveals new evidence linking cherries to heart health benefits. The study found that a cherry-enriched diet lowered total weight, body fat (especially the important “belly” fat), inflammation and cholesterol-all risk factors associated with heart disease.
All I know is it is Parfait Perfection!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea for a pre race fueling meal, I'm going to give it a try!
I loved your comment, when you said you found yourself smiling after your run. I *love* it when that happens. You made ME smile when you said that!
Have a nice weekend :) !

Kim said...

Yummmm....my kind of snack/breakfast. I'll have to try the cherries. I usually have blueberries with my Fage.