Pages

Tuesday, January 25

A Pain in The...

Toe!!! Since my 13 miler 2 weekends ago I have had lingering toe pain. During that run I got cramps in the middle toes of both feet. I tried to wiggle my toes while running to see if that would help but it only caused more pain. After the run I had some mild pain for a few days in my toes but it has since subside completely in my right foot but not my left. I have a single toe on my left foot that is tender to the touch. It is not swollen, blistered or discolored just tender and I can feel the tenderness when I run. I have no other toe pain except for the 1 toe. Does any one have ideas what could be causing this??? Should I consider wrapping the toe for the race??? I just so much want to avoid going through that pain again. HELP!!!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, I have never experienced that before, where the pain/tenderness sticks around. Have you changed shoes? Good luck and have a great race.

Kate said...

did u swtich shoes or socks? i'm sure it's just from an increase of mileage. i had sore toes (but it didn't last for days) and sore toe nails (and some turned purple). maybe take some aleve the next two days to see if that helps and massage them a little? just thinking outloud... :)

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

Stacey and Kate, I haven't changed shoes. I thought about taking some aleve. I am hoping it will just stop hurting like the other toes did. Any ideas help.

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

I don't have a clue. Haven't heard of this one before. Strange! Hope it goes away before the weekend. Hope someone else will be able to help.

Unknown said...

I've had pain in my toes on and off at times, unrelated to socks and shoes. It's so weird!
Wow, your half is just around the corner, how fun!

Kelly Holloman said...

I am just now reading your blog, Teri. Do you remember months ago, I had similar toe problems and I asked your advice?? I guess now you can relate! As it happened, my toe aches and pains lasted just as long as it took me to get used to running around 13-16 miles or so. I would stretch and wiggle them as I was moving along. By the time of the marathon, they didn't bother me one bit!