Pages

Wednesday, March 2

Weight Loss Wednesday and boy I'm glad it's March

February was an odd month for me. I don't really know why other than I took several days off at the beginning to rest after my 1/2 and the weather was really cold for Houston which lead to more days off. As a result my mileage this month was pretty low. I decided to start hill training in February and that went well. I didn't get in as many days as I would have liked but more importantly I sustained no injuries and I have seen a small increase in my speed. Loosing weight continues to be my biggest challenge. I purchased one of those fancy scales at Wal-mart that breaks down body fat percent, BMI, etc. The amount of body fat I have is crazy! Considering the total amount of weight I would like to loose this seems to be very lopsided. It really helped me to see how I need to amp up the strength training. I have been being so cautious since getting back into running, afraid I would injure myself if I didn't take it slow, but that's got to change. I do need to push myself much harder if I'm going to see any real results in weight loss and time. I found the article below you might find the tips interesting.

Four Tips To Help With Weight Loss:

Sprinkle cinnamon on a yogurt each day to burn fat. The spice is a powerful metabolism raiser; half a teaspoon a day is enough to burn an extra kilo a month.

Sip green tea. It contains a compound that reacts with caffeine to boost both fat oxidisation and resting metabolic rate by 20 per cent.

Putting tomatoes in your sandwiches will keep you feeling fuller for longer, and will make you less likely to gorge on mid afternoon snacks. The fruit suppresses the hunger hormone ghrelin, which is responsible for hunger pangs.

Drinking a glass of carrot juice a day will help you lose four pounds over 12 weeks compared with non-juice drinkers. It's high in fibre and nutrients that help burn the blubber


Photo credit: Getty Images

2 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Cinnamon on yogurt is a great idea! I haven't tried that, but I know cinnamon is good for you. I just blogged about yogurt today!

I think as you build up the miles, you'll see improvement with weight. Something I'm trying is eating more vegetables and fruit - not a lot of calories there. Trying to lose weight is hard!

Kate said...

i'll have to add the cinnamon too! i've been drinking bluberry green tea (arizona tea brand) and am wondering if that's been making me feel a little different? i didn't think it had that much caff? hmmmm.
great tips terri! as the miles stack up, you will def. see changes, inches, especially!