Pages

Saturday, April 23

Be One With the Bunny

Happy Easter y'all! If you are reading this post then my techno skills have improved! I set this post up before we left Texas to publish while we were out of town, so yippee for me if I actually made it happen. We are currently in Oklahoma for the Easter weekend, and I have hopefully gone for at least 1 run on my beloved running trails in town. I really miss those trails...many, many, miles of pouring out my heart before God. Hopefully I will not die on the multiple (real) hills this trail has. I am sure I will be enjoying the cooler weather though. It has been crazy humid here in the South!!! I am starting to realize I have a big adjustment coming this summer. Hopefully this is not going to affect my overall training goals! Every run this week I have returned home soaked, like I have just stepped out of a shower with my running clothes on. I tend to be a sweater anyway but this is dripping sweat. One morning I weighed myself before I went running, then again after my run and I had lost 3lbs!!! I know this is from sweating which tells me I have a right to be concerned about hydration this year especially. I read a blog post recently that suggest it is the post run intake of foods that best fuels your body for the next days run. The post suggested that this intake "should occur between 30 minutes and 4 hours after exercise is completed." Right now my post run intake is Chocolate milk or a protein drink. That's all I can stomach right now while trying to adjust to the heat. I know that I am talking about two different things here: hydration and fueling, but this post really got me thinking....if this is right; that proper fueling for the next days run occurs in the post run stage then would the same principal apply for fluids? How important is post run fluid intake and should this be consumed within a small window of time rather than spread this out throughout the day?  I love learning from eachother and this lady knows what she's talking about. She's got me thinking and I apparently have some homework to do. Love to hear what you all know about hydrating post run?
My runs for this week so far are;
Mon. 5 miles
Tue. 4+weights
Wens. 9LR
Thurs. Off for travel
 On a side note:
This is what they saw when they first came down
The Easter bunny was good to the kids this year :o) Even though my son is a teenager I think he still appreciates his mom indulging him with a basket every year. I try not to make it too kiddish which can be a challenge but I think he would miss them if I stopped. It's just one silly way to express my love to them.

Tried to be a little creative and not do ALL candy
Finally it would be completely out of character for me not to mention my Savior the Lord Jesus Christ so near Resurrection Sunday. For me personally the resurrection of Jesus is the culmination of all things meaningful, faith and fact, in establishing my relationship with God. In Luke 24:46-48, the risen Jesus gave His disciples a greater understanding of the resurrection when He told them: "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem" Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection are God's provision for the perfect and final sacrifice for man's sins. God requires no other payment for sins! With this provision, mankind is granted the opportunity for new life by the forgiveness of sin and escape from its bondage. It is ours for the mere acceptance of this gift!


"Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26

Happy Resurrection Sunday!
He is Alive!!!
He Has Risen!

3 comments:

Black Knight said...

Happy Easter to you too, enjoy your holidays in Oklahoma.
I agree you are creative, I am sure that your kids will appreciate the bunnies.
About intake/hydrating I think that everyone has to try by himself/herself which is the best product.

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

Happy Easter, Terri! I struggle tremendously with the whole proper fueling/hydrating thing. I seriously thing it's somewhat scientific and science was soooo not my subject in school.

Cute baskets!!! My mom always does one giant "community" basket for us - of course we are all adults living in our own homes now, but we still love it! ha!

Kate said...

awwww! you are a sweet mama! love those baskets! i filled my kiddos with just about the same things!! hehe!
hope your time in OK was blessed!