Pages

Wednesday, May 19

The Bomb Has Dropped!

We are back from vacation and it was tiring but full of great memories! My daughter had a odometer she carried around Disney and Seaworld. The grand total of steps we took throughout our visit to the parks was a whopping 65,000. So when I say tired I mean it! The day after we arrived home my husband was informed his entire department is moving to Houston! That's in Texas folks! Talk about a bomb dropping! The company he works for has slowly been moving all its departments to Houston and his department is the only one left. His job is very secure and has provided us a comfortable living. Unless the Lord shows us otherwise we most likely are going to make the move. I will tell you this is not easy for me, I like routine, I thrive under knowing whats around the next corner and if one word could describe me it would be cookie cutter, okay that's two words but you get the point. I don't do well with change. We have moved before and it did not go well so I am a bit gun shy about this whole thing. BUT I know I have a great God and He will help me because, He is faithful and good and has a perfect plan in all of this and I don't say that lightly! Anyway since this is a running blog I suppose I need to talk about that. My running since the week before and during our trip has been hit and miss. I have not run very much in the past three weeks and I MISS IT LIKE CRAZY!!! Now that we are back home and I have had a couple of days to unpack and begin to process this new information I am anxious to hit the running trails. Does anybody know if Houston has hilly running trails? I love hill training!!! My mind has been spinning...a run would do that some good. Well I will post pictures of our trip in a couple of days and will hopefully be more on top of my blogging this month. I have visited some of your blogs today and look forward to reading up on all these great races you all have been running. Keep pressing on!

7 comments:

Mark said...

Terri, I don't know about hills but they have heat!! Blessings on your move!!

Much Ado said...

Praying that God will give you guidance and peace.

So glad you had a wonderful holiday. I can imagine all the walking you do at parks.....we were there 2 summers ago, I LOVED it - my favourite part of the day was slipping into the jacuzzi at nighttime after a day of walking around the parks.....all the aches just disappeared with the bubbles! :)

Wendy said...

So glad you had a great time!

I hope everything goes well w/the job situation.

RunnerMom said...

That's neat that we are the same pace, mothers of three, and Christians.

I'm not planning any half marathons until September. It's just too hot in TN, so there aren't any for a while. The Women's Running Magazine inaugural Nashville Half Marathon is Sept 25. There is a group of about 15 of us in my running club training for it! I have a 10K in about 3 weeks, a 5K (hoping to break that 28:01 PR) the following week, and maybe a 5K in August. I'm actually excited about doing some shorter, faster running. I was in marathon/half marathon training from July 09 to April 10. Nonstop!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Sounds like maybe we'll get to run together someday! I recently posted a photo of a hilly trail in Memorial Park. I usually run in a more populated area of the park when I'm alone. Unfortunately, it's not very hilly there, but there are water fountains and shade. : )

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

Hello Terri - I'm not real good with change either, but I hope at some point soon you will see the move as an adventure. Not sure where you are now, but if you are not in the south, start your heat training right way.

Kim said...

I'm so glad your trip was fun....all that walking sounds great! Tiring, but good for you!

I have family that lives in the Houston area....my uncle is actually the mayor of a small town outside of Houston! I know what you mean about not liking change...that is hard for me, too. I'll be praying that you all will find a God honoring church in the area if you move. That is crucial!